Alessandra hails from South Italy who has been living in London from the past ten years. Genualdo’s paintings tend to capture females in their various moods in various settings. Her work often deals with the solitude of women's. Sometimes her work also reflects her state of mind.
We love the colours in her paintings which are very unique to her taste, reflecting the mood and the feeling of the woman in the frame. Her use of colour pencils and gouache is elementary in almost all her paintings which forms her unique style.
Her painting ‘Melancholy’ was awarded the Jackson’s Young Artist Award at the Royal Watercolour Society’s Annual Exhibition.
Alessandra shared with us a few of her favourite museums and art galleries:
- The Geffrye Museum 136 Kingsland Rd, London E2 8EA, United Kingdom.
- The Victoria and Albert Museum Cromwell Rd, Knightsbridge, London SW7 2RL, United Kingdom.
- David Zwirner Gallery 525 W 19th St, New York, NY 10011, United States.
- Hannah Barry Gallery 4 Holly Grove, Peckham, London SE15 5DF, United Kingdom.
- The Approach Gallery 1st Floor, 47 Approach Rd, London E2 9LY, United Kingdom.
The artists that are never-ending sources of inspiration to her Jonas Mekas, Niki de Saint Phalle, Pipilotti Rist, Tove Jansson, Ingmar Bergman.