- Whether you are into retail therapy from high-end luxury brands or all about bargains from quirky stores, London is a great destination for the avid shopper.
- Having talked about where to find inspiration from museums and marketplaces in the last two editions of our London Blogs, in the third and final part we list out recommendations of retail outlets to shop for garments that are trending and in fashion, and also retailers and suppliers of fabric, trimmings, and clothing accessories.
- We have compiled a London shopping guide that covers price ranges and different kinds of shopping experiences into a list of stores as follows:
58-59 Great Marlborough St, London.
- Beyond Retro is a dream come true for people who love vintage garments.
- The brand sells vintage clothing in all its outrageous glory from every era of the 20th century, offering original retro prints and silhouettesto its customers, the shop is one of a kind and a treasure trove of vintage.
Mon-Sat 11:00 - 19:00
Sunday 11:30 - 18:00
18-22 Haymarket, West End, London SW1Y 4DG, United Kingdom |
- Started by Rei Kawakubo of COMME des GARÇONS, the brand has reached out to the larger audience by opening multiple stores with the concept of creating a market for various artist and creators.
- They gather to create a remarkable experience for customers providing them with a wide variety of exceptional designs from the world over.
- Luxury brands and exclusive designers feature at this quirky multi-designer three-story building, cloth emporium.
Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
13 Brewer St, Soho, London W1F 0RH, United Kingdom |
- Machine-A is a concept store for men and women that offers exceptional British and International fashion designs.
- Machine-A focuses on exciting and stand-out collections, to provide its customers with the best and the trendiest garments and products.
- Multiple emerging brands' and renowned brands' this store features streetwear for people who look for comfort and style with a hint of luxury.
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Regent St, Soho, London W1B 5AH, United Kingdom
- Liberty is a world-famous luxury department store, offering innovative and extensive design to the customers.
- The store is famous for its signature bold and floral print fabrics. The store showcases the collection of fabric, womenswear, kids wear, menswear, and a wide variety of beauty and homeware.
- The quality of the products provided is remarkable and worthy, which has made the store famous and renowned not only in London but across the world.
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday: 11:30 am to 6:00 pm
57 Greek St, Soho, London W1D 3DX, United Kingdom
- Started in Soho London, in 1996 by Marjan Pejoski and Sasko Bezovski, Kokon To Zai is a multi-designer brand and music store.
- The brand became a creative hub of activities and art and gained a tremendous amount of audience with the quality of products they provided.
- Today the brand has evolved into a lifestyle store with handpicked pieces of fashion, homeware, and art.
Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am to 7:30 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
41-43 Redchurch Street E2 7DJ London United Kingdom
- Hostem specializes in a selection of exclusive garments, ceramics, objects, and art. Offering some renowned designers like Atelier Baba, Casey Casey, The Soloist, MAN-TLE, Ganryu, Jeffrey Jonathan Smith, Sebastian Tarek, M_Moria, Geoffrey B.Small, Raag, and so on.
- Selling one of a kind products made to your exact specifications, the brand is known for its broad base of some of the best artisans and the quality of products it serves to its customers.
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- From garments, we now take a look at some of London’s most prominent shops from where you can buy fabrics and trimmings.
- These are the most recommended places to source textils and tailoring supplies.
130 Royal College St, London NW1 0TA, United Kingdom
- Founded in 1984, this place remains one of the most authentic places to buy fabrics from around the world.
- From cotton, linen, natural, handmade to denim, jersey, felt and technical fabrics, this place offers a variety of fabric sourced from smaller communities supporting artisans and craftsmen helping the small business' authentic products to reach larger audiences.
- The cloth house stocks a vast range of natural fabrics and is a promoter of sustainability, the working ethics that the shop follows makes it distinctive and empathetic towards the environment.
- The shop offers natural fibres and varieties of cotton to provide customers with breathable, soft, and durable fabric.
Tuesday: Friday: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:30am to 6:00 pm
Sundays and Mondays Closed
Goldhawk Road Fabric Shops
- Located in west London, Goldhawk road is nicknamed the mecca for fashion designers.
- It is a stretch of road with numerous dressmaking fabric shops.
- The range of fabrics and wide variety of colours and materials that the shops offer become overwhelming for buyers in a good way.
- Each of the little shops is crammed with an abundant amount of exotic fabrics.
- Stacks and stacks of varieties of cotton, prints, handlooms, leather, jersey, chiffon, etc. can be found in these shops, you name it, and they have it.
- The price being as affordable as 3 euro to as expensive as 60 euro per meter, gives the customer options to put their money as they require.
- When it comes to sourcing fabric from an outlet, customers can feel the texture and the quality of the product before buying it, which gives them a proper view and knowledge of the sort of material they want to buy.
- Among the numerable fabric stores at Goldhawk Road, below are some of the stores that fascinated us:
44 Goldhawk Road, London, W12 | http://www.classic-textiles.com/
- Running for over 25 years, a homegrown business, Classic textiles with their experience, understand what each customer needs.
- Providing their clients with a wide range of fabrics from tailoring material to hand-embroidered, the price of the fabric varies from product to product.
- The shop is known for its unique collection, also featured in popular movies like Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, Changing Rooms, and many more.
Monday - Saturday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
HOUSE OF SILK, 28 Goldhawk Road Shepherd's Bush London W12 8DH.
FABRIX, 26a Goldhawk Rd White City London W12 8DH
- Inaugurated in 2002, by Mr. Singh, unique fabrics provide all sorts of dress material and trims.
- Sourced from across the world, it is a one-stop-shop to experience local as well as international handlooms.
- Catering to all your needs for trims and sewing accessories, this place has it all.
Monday - Saturday: 9:00 am to 6:30 pm
20 Goldhawk Rd, Shepherd's Bush, London W12 8DH, United Kingdom
- A family-owned textile business, Goldbricks Fabric provides variations of textiles and trims.
- With their high quality of products and innumerable amounts of changes in fabrics and trims, goldbrick fabric remains the most recommended fabric shop for both fashion designers and sewing lovers.
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am to 6:30pm
Sunday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
41 Quaker St, Spitalfields, London E1 6SN, United Kingdom
- Experts of the fabric industry Philip Pittack and Martin White are giving a new dimension to fashion students with their collective experience of 120 years.
- The company has been supplying its fabrics to renowned fashion designers for more than 25 years, promoting British textiles and handlooms.
- The company, proud of its quality, serves the best to its clients. 90% of the woollen sold in the shop is made in Britain.
- With the wisdom and experience the owner shares with their clients, it is one of the most crowded shops.
Monday - Thursday: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:30am to 1:30pm
Sunday: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
16-17 Little Portland St, Marylebone, London W1W 8NE, United Kingdom
- Barnett Lawson provides trimming for fashion, costume, furniture, and millinery.
- They offer a range of varieties with a unique blend of products, specially designed, manufactured, and curated for each customer.
- Both their shop and e-shop feature a numerable number of products to select from—the motto of the brand being, selling the best to their customers with the best price.
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Klein's Trimmings
- Offering its variety of trims since 1960, Klein's trimmings has always been updated with trends and fashion - from lace trim, ribbons, shoulder pads, military-styling frogging and iron-on badges, and motifs of every variety.
- Available are purse and bag frames, buckles, buttons, dyes, zips, metal corset stays bra fittings, and wires the brand knows how to keep their clients satisfied.
Monday - Thursday: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Friday: 9:30am - 12:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed