Benefits of wearing sustainable/eco-friendly fabrics
- Pro-Environment: You reduce pesticide load on the soil, you reduce toxic waste elimination into the environment, and your choices make things safer for animals, humans, birds, and insects.
- Say No to Sweat Shops: You support fair trade where local artisans are given employment, respect, the dignity of labour, fair wages, and a safe work environment.
- Support Animal Rights: You refuse to purchase leather, fur, or other material that hurts, harms, or kills animals. Organic fashion is guilt-free fashion.
- Say No to Mass-Produced Junk: When you choose organic, you say no to fast fashion with a million duplicates. With organic clothes, you purchase timeless, individualistic pieces with few or no replicas. These clothes last longer, make a statement and save you money in the long run.
- Greener Maintenance: Unique organic clothes are eco-friendly and their maintenance is greener. You need to be gentle with them, which means you use cold water to wash them, avoid chemical detergents, and never tumble-dry them. Collectively, this reduces your carbon footprint.
- Learn a New Skill: Most fashion-conscious people who switch to eco-friendly clothing learn to make their own clothes. That’s a lot of self-improvement which also goes a long way in saving the planet.
- Reducing the Load on our Planet: Conventional, regular clothing consumes a lot of material. The earth is fast running out of a lot of this material, and the soil quality across the globe is getting compromised fatally. When you buy clothing made from renewable materials such as hemp, linen, and organic cotton, you reduce a load of wastage and pollution on the planet.
Now is the time to not just consider the impact of our choices on the planet, but to really make the right choices that are pro-environment, pro-humanity, and cruelty-free. It is our responsibility to shop responsibly, promote the right things, and be conscious of our footprint on the planet.